Saturday, March 6, 2010

My first paying dental gig

Yesterday I had my first dental related job that I got paid for. I helped out a Senior here at school with his North Eastern Regional Board Exam (NERB for short). I spent the day sucking saliva and handing him instruments that he needed in order to help him work quickly and efficiently and in turn he paid me for my time. I think it went pretty well and I am pretty sure he passed. All his work looked good. I had assisted for NERBs before, last year, but I enjoyed it more this year because I knew all the stuff that he was doing and why he was doing it. It was a good experience to get me ready for clinic and taking my own board exams one day.

Well I am officially on SPRING BREAK!! I am looking forward to a little time off to relax and recuperate. We leave tomorrow to spend the week in Florida. We are pretty excited to get to the beach and enjoy some warmer weather. It should be a fun trip. Look for some pictures to appear on our blogs in the near future.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

YAY! Nice that you got paid! How are you guys? Next time you guys come down ... lets get jason and Amanda together too! Tell Ash I said HI and everytime I come to your blog it brings back memories from last April! Can't believe it's been a yr already! Have a good spring break!